Each December the IBM Ring 19 magic club holds its annual “Presidents’ Challenge” Magic competition. The Ring 19 2016 contest was divided into two categories: Close-Up and Stage/Parlor. Noah Sonie swept the competition, taking first place in each of the categories. Prizes were awarded at the April 9 banquet.
The winners of the Ring 19 2016 contest were:
- 1st: Noah Sonie – TicTacTotally Predicted the Outcome
- 2nd: Dennis Anfang – Coin Routine
- 3rd: Dan Koopmans – 4 Card Monte (Why I Don’t Gamble)
- 1st: Noah Sonie – If I Don’t Nail This Trick I’m Nailing My Hand…Literally
- 2nd: Tom Crone – “Brett’s favorite” Ring and Rope Routine
- 3rd: David Gamut – What Are the Odds? (A Mental Game of Clue)